Can peripheral nerves heal?
Yes! It is well established in the scientific literature that peripheral nerves can and do heal. The key issue is that not only do we need to get the nerves healing but we have to stop whatever is causing the nerve damage in the first place. When the underlying cause of the neuropathy is discovered and proper support for the nerves are provided it optimizes the ability for the nerves to heal!
In order to effectively heal nerve damage, four factors must be determined:
- What is the underlying cause of the nerve damage?
- How severe is the nerve damage?
- What types of nerve fibers are damaged?
You have sensory nerves (both small fiber nerves and large diameter nerves) and motor nerves (that control movement of your muscles) NOTE: If there is muscle weakness from neuropathy for greater than two years the damage to the muscles will probably be permanent!
How much treatment will the nerves require to heal?
This will be dependent on the degree of nerve damage and what types of fibers are damaged.
The treatment we provide has four main goals…
- Optimize the environment within the body for nerve healing.
- Increase blood flow to the nerves.
- Stimulate the nerves that are damaged (small fiber, large diameter, or motor nerves) to reduce pain and improve balance.
- Decrease brain-based pain.
Our exclusive treatment system increases blood flow to the nerves in the feet and/or hands, which helps to rejuvenate nerves naturally and has returned many of our patient’s feet and/or hands to normal (see testimonials below). No surgery. No addictive medications.
Our proprietary and comprehensive treatment program utilizes up to 8 different state-of-the-art technologies and is unlike any treatment program you may have already experienced.